Part Time Delivery Truck Driver
Part-time, season, June through mid-November
As Delivery Driver, you are responsible for the safe and timely delivery of our CSA shares and wholesale items.
The delivery route, which you will repeat every Tuesday, will remain the same throughout the season. You will drive our 20’ box truck which is diesel with manual transmissions.
This position requires a high attention to detail, punctuality, and a clean driving record. Applicants should have prior experience driving large trucks, a familiarity with basic auto mechanics, and be content driving through Seattle and Portland traffic.
This position interacts with our CSA drop site hosts and other CSA members, and as such is a representative of the farm and its values. Applicants should be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about local agriculture, and patient and friendly representatives of the farm.
This position works closely with the Office Manager, and as such must have strong communication skills. Due to the complexity of the routes and the necessity for prompt communication with the Office Manager as needed, applicants should have a smartphone with GPS and texting capabilities.
Please note: Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds and move heavy items. If you have a history of chronic back pain or other serious physical ailments or limitations, this position would not be a good fit for you.
- Driving a 24’ manual transmission box truck, including in densely populated urban areas
- Making multiple deliveries a day, and keeping a tight schedule to ensure items are delivered on time
- Interacting with CSA members, and acting as a positive and cheerful liaison between the farm and its members
- Packing and organizing the truck for both CSA and Wholesale deliveries
- Heavy lifting for extended periods of time
- Prompt and clear communication with the Office Manager if/when problems arise while on route
- Ensuring that the trucks are running smoothly, and promptly communicating issues if and as they arise
- At least one year of experience that is applicable to this position (truck driving/deliveries/produce)
- Attention to detail
- Punctuality and strong time management skills
- Positive and energetic disposition with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong back with the ability to lift heavy and awkward objects
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
- Fast learner and ability to adapt to new positions and working with new people
- Ability to take direction, accept constructive feedback and to ask for help when needed
- Ability to work for long durations in inclement weather
- Ability to perform and endure repetitive physical work
10/wk (hours change with the season). Tuesdays and possible other work if desired.
Commensurate with experience, and includes one small CSA share. Additionally, vegetables from the field are available for the picking, as well as partner share items at discount price.
Office Manager, Farm Manager
Please email a letter of interest, resume and 3 references to:
Helsing Junction Farm
Please write “Delivery Driver” in the email subject line and include where you found this job posting in the body of the message.
We will only accept applications via email. Mailed or walk-in applications will not be accepted.