Part-time, seasonal, June through November
As Office Assistant, your position is responsible for supporting our Office Manager with customer service, replying to phone calls and emails, general administrative tasks such as maintaining and organizing our customer database and acting as a representative of our farm.
Our office manages the accounts and addresses the needs of 1,000+ CSA members each season along with organizing where various types of CSA shares will be delivered and when. We also keep track of the inventory of various products that will be sent to CSA members as well the promotion and distribution of those products. Furthermore, you will be expected to present a kind and patient face in customer interactions, our CSA members are very important to us!
This is a part-time position, with the ability to work more in other areas of the farm if the applicant desires. Because the work in this position can sometimes move at a fast pace, we are looking for someone who is creative, flexible and able to perform well under pressure. Someone who is detail oriented, self-motivated and professional will do well in this position.
- Offer clerical assistance to farm office
- Review/answer emails
- Answer phone and return voicemails
- Data entry and file maintenance
- Manage farm stand with fresh fruits and vegetables
- Help to prepare and clean up farm events
- Assist in keeping the office and related areas tidy and organized
- Help pack boxes and load them on our delivery truck in our packing shed
- High school diploma and at least one year of relevant experience
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- General knowledge of basic office equipment (printer, scanner, etc.)
- Clear and consistent written and verbal communication skills
- Typing speed of 45 wpm minimum
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Punctuality and ability to manage time effectively
- Kind and patient customer service skills over the phone, in person and in writing
- Ability to take direction, accept constructive feedback and to ask for help when needed
- Ability to work well independently or with others and share projects and responsibilities
- Must have a reliable laptop to bring to work in our office
- Ability to speak Spanish is desired but not a must
20/wk. Typically Monday through Friday, starting between 6 or 8AM depending on the day of the week and working until noon or 2PM, again depending on the day of the week. More work in other areas of the farm may be possible if desired.
Commensurate with experience, and includes one CSA share. Additionally, vegetables from the field are available for the picking, as well as partner share items at discount price.
Please email a letter of interest, resume and 3 references to:
Dan Finkelstein and Valerie Cochran
Helsing Junction Farm
Please write “Office Assistant” in the email subject line and include where you found this job posting in the body of the message.
We will only accept applications via email. Mailed or walk-in applications will not be accepted.