Full-time, seasonal, April through November
As an Equipment Operator, this position works closely with the Farm Manager and Field Production Assistant, aiding and assisting in all aspects of field production. The position is heavily focused on tractor and equipment work, and as such all interested applicants should have prior experience operating tractors and/or other farm equipment.
Applicants should be detail oriented, with an aptitude for record keeping, calculating fertilizer and pest control applications and troubleshooting equipment.
Working closely with the Farm Manager, this position requires strong communication skills, ability to multi-task, and proficiency reading field maps.
Please note: Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds and move heavy items. If you have a history of chronic back pain or other serious physical ailments or limitations, this position would not be a good fit for you.
● Tillage and other field preparation
● Seeding and transplanting
● Cultivation and weed management
● Equipment maintenance
● Record keeping
● General farm labor as needed
● At least one year of experience that is applicable to this position (equipment operation/mechanics/farming)
● Punctuality and strong time management skills
● Strong back with the ability to lift heavy and awkward objects
● Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
● Fast learner and ability to adapt to new positions and working with new people
● Ability to take direction, accept constructive feedback and to ask for help when needed
● Ability to work for long durations in inclement weather when necessary
40-50/week (hours change with the season)
Typically Monday through Friday, but Saturday work may be possible/necessary during peak season.
Commensurate with experience, and includes one small CSA share. Additionally, vegetables from the field are available for the picking, as well as partner share items at a discount price.
Please email a letter of interest, and 3 references to:
Helsing Junction Farm
Please write “Equipment Operator” in the email subject line and include where you found this job posting in the body of the message.
We will only accept applications via email. Mailed or walk-in applications will not be accepted.